Marketing and Outreach Officer
You will be working on SPID’s “Far Far Away” weekly drama drop-in workshops for 8-13 year-olds. The project is about young people travel through time and explores the world, while discovering different theatre disciplines from writing, design, music, movement and acting. You will do outreach each week and meeting the target number of 12 young people per session. It may be other opportunities to work on other SPID projects in the future, with the target group being 13-25 year-olds.
Hours of Work: 9 hours per week over two days, based at SPID offices in Ladbroke Grove. Tuesdays 1-6pm and Thursdays 1-5pm
Salary: Paid £10 per hour. Registered self-employed.
Applications: Please send CV and covering letter via e-mail with “FFA M&O Officer Application” as the subject to email@example.com. For any questions, please e-mail Katrine on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is February 2nd 2016. Interviews will be held on Thursday February 4th 2016. Starting w/c February 11th 2016.
- To market campaigns to young people in the local and surrounding areas, also engaging with those that are hard to reach and would not otherwise be getting involved in theatre.
- To market SPID’s projects within the local community and raise awareness of the company’s work.
- To expand upon the company’s existing marketing database.
- To contact and liaise with local organisations, youth groups and education establishments in order to promote projects.
- To oversee project-specific sign up from local young people and meet targeted project attendance and sign-up numbers.
- To act as a point of contact for project participants and manage their attendance during a specific project.
- To develop relationships with key local organisations and target new audiences.
- Write/devise and coordinate the production of publicity materials for print and web during show specific campaigns.
- To write press releases.
- To oversee marketing volunteers
- Meet the session’s weekly target (12 per session)
– You will be responsible for reaching project-specific marketing and outreach targets, including maintaining a consistent number of participants throughout.
– You will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing all the project outreach activity including engaging with hard to reach community groups.
– You will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing the project marketing activity, including publicity design and distribution, press, and digital marketing strategies.
– You will be expected to fully contribute to participant recruitment as well as engagement with the wider community.
– The role calls for a strong team player, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage with a wide range of people
Essential criteria – applications that do not meet this will not be considered.
– Minimum 3 years experience of marketing and outreach for a community project in an arts or charity setting. Your previous experience will include engaging with/recruiting young people aged 8 -13 and community groups, including those that are hard to reach.
– Able to meet weekly outreach targets
– Proven outreach experience of establishing and maintaining relationships within a community.
– Proven experience of marketing to diverse community backgrounds and hard to reach groups.
– Proven experience of marketing projects for young people aged 8-13.
– Excellent written communication, editing and proof reading skills, with the ability to write accurately and convincingly including being able to see materials from the audience’s point of view.
– The ability to independently manage a busy workload and work to deadlines.