SPID Theatre Company
- Interactive Drama: iAM iAm explores our attachment to technology by giving audiences the chance to experiment and compete. Show runs September 25th - October 30th, tickets now on sale from the Bush Theatre
- Youth Theatre Education SPID runs a variety of free workshops in diverse theatre skills for young people aged 8 - 21.
- Shadow Puppetry Workshops SPID is currently offering free weekly workshops in shadow puppetry and performance for young people aged 8 - 13.
- Kensal Voices Join SPID on a journey through time and discover the hidden past of historic council estate Kensal House.
- Free Weekly Theatre Workshops We run FREE weekly training workshops in all aspects of theatre, for young people aged 8-13 on Tuesdays from 4.30pm – 6pm, and aged 13-19 on Thursdays from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
- Productions: Childsplay Childsplay – An Interactive Journey Through Outdoor Games Across the Ages. Photograph by Colin O'Brien
- Youth Theatre: The Passersby The Passersby – An immersive play by Nnenna Samson
- Youth Theatre: Kensal Youth SPID's first ever youth show - involving restoration of the Grade II* listed community rooms
- Youth Theatre: Superhuman Superhuman is a 360˚ production that picks the audience up and whirls them around – literally! Part play, part fairground ride through time and space, audiences had never seen anything like it.
The popular tour of iAm returns to Kensal House September 25th- October 30th, 1.30pm Tues & Wed, 7.30pm Thur, Fri & Sat. Tickets now on sale from the Bush Theatre
iAm explores our attachment to technology by giving audiences the chance to experiment and compete. Mixing immersive theatre, interactive games and a futuristic scenario, the play addresses big subjects like morality and community in a digital age.
**** from The Public Reviews:” A clever and thoroughly delightful show, well worth taking the whole family to see”
Supported by Arts Council England.
Take Part in the National Theatre’s Connections Festival, 2015
For the first time SPID Theatre has been selected to produce a new piece of writing by a top playwright as part of the National Theatre’s annual Connections festival. If you are interested in theatre, get involved!
Interested in acting? We are currently casting for 8 parts, 4 understudies and a chorus.
If you would like to audition for a part in this performance you can find out more here.
Interested working behind the scenes on this show? We are running a mentoring scheme for those interested in producing, technical theatre and theatre design.
Interested in signing-up? Find out more here.
Kensal Voices, our year-long youth heritage project for 13-25 year olds concluded with a site-specific show at Kensal House on Saturday, 22 February 2014, performed by participants. Both sold-out performances and the Q&A with a panel of experts in architecture and performance were a huge success.
Stories in Residence: Tales of the sunshine flats tells the story of the hopes and dreams intended for Maxwell Fry’s “urban village” and brings to life its forgotten stories. In this promenade show the audience is fully immersed in pop-up scenes re-imagining past events all over the estate, going on a time-traveling journey from 1937 to the present day.
“Very unusual and innovative way of introducing a historical building to people … Made it really vivid how people live here through the decades.”
“I loved the interactive nature of the production.”
“Great use of music, direction, mix of today/past/present/theatre/performance and life.”
Follow our Kensal Voices Blog with articles written by participants.
Check out photos from the show here, and stay tuned for video footage.
Click the image to download the Kensal House Brochure, written and designed by Kensal Voices participants and gain fascinating insights in the history and architecture of the building.
Far Far Away
Far Far Away” takes you through time and space to discover something completely original, trains you in new skills and empowers you to put on a show at the end of the year. Exploring a variety of disciplines in four-week sections, it has something for everyone. If you want to take centre stage or prefer running the show from the background, these workshops are for you. Try one of our workshops or come to all of them to get the full experience!