SPID Theatre Company
- Youth Theatre Education SPID runs a variety of free workshops in diverse theatre skills for young people aged 8 - 21.
- Shadow Puppetry Workshops SPID is currently offering free weekly workshops in shadow puppetry and performance for young people aged 8 - 13.
- Kensal Voices Join SPID on a journey through time and discover the hidden past of historic council estate Kensal House.
- Free Weekly Theatre Workshops We run FREE weekly training workshops in all aspects of theatre, for young people aged 8-13 on Tuesdays from 4.30pm – 6pm, and aged 13-19 on Thursdays from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
- Productions: Childsplay Childsplay – An Interactive Journey Through Outdoor Games Across the Ages. Photograph by Colin O'Brien
- Youth Theatre: The Passersby 2010 The Passersby – An immersive play by Nnenna Samson
- Youth Theatre: Kensal Youth 2006 SPID's first ever youth show - involving restoration of the Grade II* listed community rooms
- Youth Theatre: Superhuman 2007 Superhuman is a 360˚ production that picks the audience up and whirls them around – literally! Part play, part fairground ride through time and space, audiences had never seen anything like it.
SPID Theatre is a vibrant community theatre company based in West London, creating adventurous and immersive events for community spaces while also offering a diverse programme of free workshops for youths, ranging from stagecraft skills to journalism, multimedia and more. Unleash your potential with our free year-long FAR FAR AWAY workshops for young people aged 8-13 held on Tuesday evenings (4.45-6.15pm) throughout the academic year; further details can be read here. FAR FAR AWAY takes you through time and space to discover something completely original, trains you in new skills and empowers to put on a show at the end of the year.
Kensal Voices, our youth heritage project in collaboration with the Victoria & Albert Museum and the 20th Century Society, is still going strong! Here are some reactions to our guided tours of Kensal House devised and led by participants:
“Absolutely delightful. Beautifully organised, everyone was very helpful and well informed.”
“I loved it! The aunties were brilliant and the cool dude leading the tour was great too. I learnt so much.”
“Thank you so much for such an inspiring guided tour. I learned so much about the history of Kensal House but also was impressed with the enthusiasm that our tour guides displayed.”
Check out the blog by sketch artist Isobel Williams with some beautiful drawings of the tours. Sign up now for Block 3 starting with a costume workshop at the V&A on Saturday, 7th December 2013. Click here for more info.
Our most recent production, iAm, received a four-star review. Read it here. It’s touring schools for free in December as well as:
Kensal House Estate, Kensal Youth Club, Ladbroke Grove, W10 5BQ – Mon Dec 2, 7pm
Chelsea Theatre, World’s End Place, Kings Road, SW10 0DR – Wed Dec 4, 7.30pm
Dalgarno Community Centre, 1 Webb Close Dalgarno Way, W10 5QB – Thurs Dec 5, 6.30pm
To reserve your free space email email@example.com or call 07903861674